North Carolina
St. John's College, Annapolis Maryland, and Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
Giant SLR-1
Mail Drops
Send me a package!

About Nick Patrone


    " Dare to ride the Rainbow of Life: you wil come to appreciate the myriad of its colors."  

                                                                   T.T Trowney



I am an Italian American citizen with dual citizenship who retired from the full time practice of Medicine in 2014 ; I still work as a volunteer MD in a rural North Carolina clinic for the local indigent population and migrant farm workers. As a Rheumatologist, I take care of patients with autoimmune diseases and have worked with many MS patients over the past 40 years in conjunction with Neurologists. As an Internist, I help with the “walk in clinic” for general medical care.


In 2015 I rode the complete Northern Tier with Bike the US for MS and have been accepted to ride again this year on the Trans AM route. 

I am proud to work with Bike the US for MS and find it to be one of the most patient oriented charities I have ever encountered.


With the help of family, friends, colleagues, and neighbors I need to raise $1.00 for every mile I will ride, a total of $3785. I hope that anyone who would like to help will still do so knowing that 75% of their donation goes to patient care in the form of $25,000 checks to MS centers across the US, projects at patient’s homes, and research to end this devastating disease. The remaining 25% covers administrative costs of the organization and a support team for the riders. Each donor should know that every rider is responsible for all of their own costs including transportation to Yorktown (VA) and back from San Francisco( CA),  the bike, food, camping equipment,etc.


I have now reached my goal ( 5/19/16) . If you would still like to donate please consider doing so under one of the other 2016 Trans AM riders who has not yet reached their goal. We are all part of one large team and will be constantly supporting one another.


Any amount is greatly appreciated.


Donation Information


                   Two easy ways to help:


1.  You can donate by credit card on this site by clicking on the orange "donate"  button at the bottom of the page ( on some computers top of page), and then by following given instructions, or,

2.  You can donate by mail by writing a check payable to “Bike the US for MS” ; please put in the memo line of the check the name of the rider you would like to support.


Send to:     Bike the US for MS

                  P.O. Box 10001

                  Blacksburg, VA 24062


Once the check is received by the organization they will post the donation to this website.


 Please note that all donations are tax-deductible.  Bike the US for MS Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization: tax ID # 27-2192426.


     Thank you for helping in this great cause.


           I thank all donors in person, by phone, or by mail. This "Thank you" is for the anonymous donors who I do not know and to whom I wish I could give thanks in a more personal manner.


            A special thanks to Dee Warren and Robert Carr of Moore's Bicycle Shop for taking care of my bike, fitting it to my ride, and tuning it to my ears. In addition I would like to thank the instructors of Barnett's Bicycle Institute for teaching me the basics of bicycle maintenance and care. 


And finally a nod of appreciation  to Duncan Fagundus who followed in my footsteps to care for those in need in Eastern North Carolina, who has been a distant friend, and whose family has known the pain and suffering of MS.


I am dedicating this ride to Dr. Rick Felix  whose father died from complications of MS many years ago and to his wife Dr. Fran Driver who illustrated my travel log in 2015, “Epistles of the Northern Tier”, which can be found on and who commissioned a laurel wreath of sweet potato vines given to me in Seattle at the end of my ride (I live in a town surrounded by sweet potato farms in rural eastern North Carolina).


Nick Patrone's Fundraising


ALL 2016 TEAMS TOTAL: $372998

RAISED: $3836
Anonymous $750.00
Duncan Fagundus $325.00
Robert Schellen $300.00
Judith Kornegay $250.00
Kenneth Adams $250.00
Nash Produce $250.00
nicholas patrone $250.00
Anonymous $150.00
james gallagher $100.00
Maryrose Patrone $100.00
Neil McCallum $100.00
Paul Patrone $100.00
Anonymous $100.00
Robert Kornegay $100.00
sabrina patrone $100.00
Shalendra Varma $100.00
Brad Bobbitt $75.00
Al Francis $50.00
Bob Kasper $50.00
Elizabeth Pennington $50.00
Mark Francek $50.00
Rob and Fay DuBois $50.00
Cliff and Eileen Amos $30.00
Colin Berg $25.00
Anonymous $25.00
Jane Jones $25.00
Ryan Haac $15.00
Amanda Williams $10.00
Chelsea Steinauer-Scudder $10.00
Alex Webb $5.00
andrew fersch $5.00
Emily Huber $5.00
Libby Szuflita $5.00
Olivia Krebs $1.00